Making the film

So far this documentary is being made with my own finances and the professional resources of my production company. A grant is being drafted to retrieve more funds for the entire production that will involve a series of shoots all over Belize, including the local villages.

I've also taken the liberty of interviewing the citizens of Belize who live in the United States and are interested in appearing in the film with their own views on the Belizean situations. I anticipate that this entire project will cost US$50,000, to cover travel expenses, licensing, crew hire, post production, some additional equipments and also to pay for some stock footages for the documentary.

While I am doing this specific film as a one man crew so far, I've already sought out the interest of other experienced professionals including a journalist who worked for NBC. Because of the many caps that I have to wear as a student, film executive, producer and director on some other projects, I anticipate that I will have to bring many more people on board, which is a good thing.

Depending on what my schedule allows, I plan to shoot the major part of this production basically while I try to "kill two birds with one stone" when I am in Belize, also doing production work for Agada.

Like always, I continue to get positive feedback on this project and the others. I only hope that by God's grace and blessings that we are able to complete Fahrenheit Belize by March of 2008.